Your Privacy is just as important to us as it is to you. The following are our guidelines to ensure customer privacy:
- We will not sell or trade our customer data to outside entities.
- We collect non-public personal information about our customers from the following sources:
- Applications and other forms
- Customer transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- Consumer credit agencies
- We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. We reserve the right to disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required under law, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, to perform necessary credit checks or collect or report debts owed to us, to protect our rights or property, or to otherwise process or service your account or a transaction made at your request.
- We only collect the customer information we need. We limit the collection of information about our customers to what we need to know to administer their accounts, to provide customer services, to offer new products and services, and to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements.
- We protect the confidentiality of all personal data. We restrict access to customers. non-public personal information to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to our customers. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our customers. non-public personal information.
- Sharing information with our affiliates. We may share information described above with our affiliates for business purposes, such as servicing customer accounts and informing customers about new products and services, and as permitted by applicable law. Our affiliates are companies controlled or owned by us, or companies controlling or under common control with our parent company and us.
- Changes to our privacy statement. This policy statement is available on our Web site www.wrhambrecht.com, and will be updated to reflect any changes. You will be advised of any such changes by email.
- Conversations with WRH+Co brokers may be recorded. For customer protection conversations between WRH+Co brokers and our clients may be recorded.
- The default session timeout is set to 20 minutes for all Brokerage accounts. If during a session, a WRH+Co brokerage account goes unused for more than 20 minutes, the session automatically ends. To re-enter, customer login is required. We urge customers to log out of their account after each session.
- We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt personal information. SSL protects information as it passes through the Internet. So any time personal information is sent to our Web site, it.s encrypted. To support this technology, we recommend a 128-bit browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or higher and Netscape Navigator 8.0 or higher. These browsers automatically activate SSL whenever a customer signs on to a WRH+Co account. When a lock appears at the bottom of the browser, this is a secure area of the Web site.
- Keep customer information up to date. We will do our best to ensure that all personal information is up to date. However, if there is an error or a change is necessary, please call us at (415) 551-8600 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important Information about Procedures for Opening New Accounts. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver.s license or other identifying documents.